Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cleaning and de-greasing kitchen cabinets

The first step in our kitchen Reno game plan is to wash and de-grease all the cabinets and drawers. It was a longer process than I had anticipated. You're basically washing out years and years of dust and grease. 

I used this product, which I bought at Rona for 14$. Honestly, I could've bought the smaller size for 7$. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way. Especially if you've been cleaning your cabinets over the years. I needed to take off A LOT of grease.  
      
   
I did it in two shots. The first was about 3 hours. I washed all the bottom cabinets and drawers, and removed the baseboards. We're going to be redoing the floor so we won't be needed them for a while anyway. 



Here are a few before and after shots. 


Whyyyyy would you do this???





And there you have it... One heavy duty degreaser and a lot of elbow grease, no pun intended, and the cabinets have been cleaned of years and years of dust and grease. Next step, sanding!





No comments:

Post a Comment